Music Banter - View Single Post - Do artists need talent to be enjoyed?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adraen
Groupie

Default Do artists need talent to be enjoyed?

I'm currently REALLY confused right now.

For the past few days, I've been arguing with people on 9gag who disses Hip-Hop and Pop artists. I don't enjoy listening to all of the artists insulted.

Their arguments always contain a very common thing :

"Those artists don't have talent."

I plan on finding an argument to counter them but I'm not sure what to say anymore about that "talent" thing.

I want to use this : "I don't care about talent as long as I enjoy the artist's material."

I really hesitate on saying this because I'm not sure if I really do feel that way.

I listen to some genres that many teenagers like : Hip-Hop, Pop and R&B.

Among the artists is Jason Derulo who is probably one of the most hated pop singers right now. People say that he doesn't have talent and that I have bad taste. Yet, I listen to artists a lot of people praise for their vocal talent such as Miguel, The Weeknd, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, etc....

So, that's where I don't know the answer to why I like Jason. His songs please me and I love his vocals too even though he's not the best, but people still say : "Computer music isn't talent; He doesn't have any talent."

Well? Do I enjoy this singer because I see a musical talent in him or is it just because I like the songs he sings ?
Adraen is offline   Reply With Quote