Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #28756 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Keep in mind that although it's no excuse, someone with bad manners is usually a case of never being taught good manners properly. However, if they're old enough to know what's right and what's wrong, they can learn good manners, as is why I said a parenting flaw is no excuse. Just throwing that out there.
I think most people would have been taught to say please/thank you at the very least (especially from their school teachers) and though they probably hadn't retained all the little things (e.g.; my grandparents would snipe at me if I even put my elbow on the dinner table and I can guarantee you've never seen me do that) they were taught to be proper etiquette, I've met several people who don't even say please/thank you/excuse me or use the terms Miss/Ma'am instead of saying "HELLO? HEY, YOU!" or some other totally gross/hideous thing to get my attention.

Some people were obviously not taught some of the less-common things associated with good manners, but there are some things that are absolutely fundamental.