Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #186 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

95. John Zorn - The Big Gundown (1986)(2000)

just to make it clear...this album was originally recorded in 1986 but was re released in 2000 with remastered tracks and 6 more songs....this is the album i have and the one that is pictured above

so what do you do when your source material is already perfect?

you actually make it more interesting

this is John Zorn's second studio album and he takes on re-imagining the songs Ennio Morricone...and they are amazing

while keeping the integrity of the perfect originals he adds a perfect sense of experimental and often insanity to these wonderful classics

this is a wonderful introduction to both John Zorn and the master Ennio Morricone

he really picked a wonderful arrangement of songs covering the many styles and feeling Morricone often brings to his compositions....there is also a guest appearance from Mike Patton in an amazing cover of The Ballad Hank of McCain

****should have done this yesterday....Happy Birthday John Zorn!

96. Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993)

i'm certainly no expert in hip hop...i mean sure back in the 80s i flirted with break dancing and had Run DMC and Houdini albums but more or less when i started getting into industrial and punk i left hip hop behind....until 1993....EVERYONE had this album....it really is just one of those album that nearly everybody could get into

in no way shape of for do i think everything the Wu-Tang Clan does is perfect...but when they are on point....it's fucking perfect

i personally think that this album was a major game changer for hip hop and forced everybody to step up their game

personally i think this possible is the greatest hip hop album of all time

Last edited by bob.; 09-03-2014 at 10:45 AM.
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote