Music Banter - View Single Post - The Elusive World of Post Modern Rock
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Chapter One
The Aesthetics Art of a Space Museum

Solid Space – Space Museum (1982)
  • Side A
    1. Afghan Dance
    2. Spectrum Is Green
    3. Destination Moon
    4. The Guests
    5. New Statue ("Morning Song")
  • Side B
    1. A Darkness In My Soul
    2. Radio France
    3. Tenth Planet
    4. Earthshock
    5. Contemplation
    6. Please Don't Fade Away

Personnel:
Matthew Vosburgh, Dan Goldstein

My top three tracks would be:
10th Planet
Destination Moon
Darkness in My Soul
... no wait they are all my favorites.

Maf and Dan were childhood friends. When they were about 14 y/o they formed a four piece band Exhibit A and while they were working on the song Platform 6 they decided to continue separately as a duo. I listen to Exhibit A, and there is a definitely a more serious approach to the work they did on Space Museum. Since Maf had to bus it to Dan house he said they preferred lighter battery equipment. All the music and vocals are from Dan and Maf, with the exception of Jon Winegum playing a sax(?) with the use of echo or reverb on the song New Statue.

The sounds found on this albums are ambrosial; the music is atmospherically and ethereal. It is one of my favorite albums and in my humble opinion it is a must hear. And I recall Mundo saying it was one of his favorite albums.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote