Music Banter - View Single Post - The Poseur Cave
Thread: The Poseur Cave
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #231 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post

Batty and Wpnfire like them, and I've seen them mentioned a lot lately, so I thought I'd give this album a try. And what did I think of it? Well, I liked the instrumentation. The music is fast and hella brutal, and when it slows down, it does so in the coolest, grooviest way possible. The drummer KILLS. There is, however, one thing that bothers me. It's the vocalist, I don't like his singing (or barking, whatever) style. He sounds a bit like Philip Anselmo, but I don't really care much for him either. Had it not been for that, I'd give this a higher rating. Solid album.

3.5/5
You and I seem to similar in ways, but also different in others...Sorry, thinking out loud here.

Your statement about the drummer made me realize I forgot to talk about how I think Kyle Thomas (the singer) is by far one of my favorite singers in all of extreme metal.

Also something else about Slaughter in the Vatican is that it's beautifully produced. The guitar tone mirrors groove metal, but it's very different from other works of the genre. The sound engineer for that album deserves a raise.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote