Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #14465 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I get the whole concept of a controlled environment set to mimic common horror features, with the whole "create your own ending" thing (hence the betting) but oh my god. I get that it's supposed to be satirical but it's such a sleeper. It's kind of funny in the way that it's spot-on with the human stereotypes (stoner, smart girl/smart guy, jocktard he-man & slutty girl) but as a satirical film, it's just...lacking.

It's so bad that I can't even tell if it's really supposed to be satire or if most of its screenplay was written by Tommy Wiseau, then gussied up by some shitty first-year indie film writer who thinks they're ~so edgy~

2/10, shit film, wouldn't even enjoy it if I was drunk

in fact, this scene from Kentucky Fried Movie has more satirical depth and value than the whole of Cabin in the Woods, which should be re-named to Does a Bear Shit in the Woods? Discuss, and Skip This Movie.
$20 says this is how it went down...

Ki: Wow, this is a great movie.

ladyislingering: This is terrible.

Ki: I know, this movie sucks.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote