Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #2220 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I'm sorry, you like the music, but you don't like it because of fuddy duddiness? I should think the fact that Genesis' music is apparently versatile enough that it can be warped so completely and still be relevant should be seen as a validation of their talent and not an attack on it. I highly doubt an artist would take the time an effort to make an album mocking Genesis anyway, so him being so intent on putting his own stamp on music that obviously sticks with him this much is in fact the ultimate sign of respect. I can understand being confused at first, and that affecting your enjoyment of it, but wouldn't it make more sense to listen to the album a few more times since your opinion of it is so obviously conflicted?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote