Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #3456 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

John Mayall in a few days. Sold out show in one of my favorite small venues. Haven't seen him live since he opened a show for Peter Green back in 2000 (what a great show that was!) should be a lot of fun!

John Mayall - Welcome to the Official John Mayall Website!

On Friday, I'll be going back to see Nik Turner's Hawkwind for the second time in the past 11 months. He put on such an enjoyable show the last time, I just couldn't resist seeing him again. Witch Mountain and Hedersleben (who also double as Nik's backing band) will be opening the show.

Nik Turner | The Mighty Thunder Rider

And on Monday the 15th, it will be King Crimson! I've been eagerly awaiting this show since Frownland mentioned the upcoming tour in this thread at the beginning of June. A must-see show, especially since I've never had the pleasure of attending a live King Crimson show.

DGM Live!

Then on Tuesday the 16th, I'll be seeing The Eagles perform a benefit concert for the Walden Woods Project, the Massachusetts-based charity founded in 1990, which helps preserve Henry David Thoreau's Walden Woods and applies Thoreau’s philosophy through various educational programs. Never seen them before, other than Don Felder (who is no longer with the band) and I rarely listen to them these days, but Walden Pond and Walden Woods are where I spent (or misspent) many enjoyable hours on many occasions during my teens (often while skipping classes or full days of school) so the cause is both worthy and near and dear to me.

Home : Walden Woods Project

And on Friday the 19th, I'll be seeing Luther "Guitar Jr." Johnson & The Magic Rockers, for the second time in the past 8 months, getting my fix of fine Chicago style blues from one of the best in the business.

Alligator Records - Genuine Houserockin' Music Since 1971

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote