Music Banter - View Single Post - The Top Ten Metal Albums -- Ever!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

10. Lykathea Aflame—Elvenefris: Grindcore meets Killing Joke in the middle east and the results are amazing.

9. Gridlink—Amber Gray: Some of the tightest grindcore songwriting and playing I've ever heard.

8. Shining—Blackjazz: What happens when a jazz band makes a metal album? Pure awesomeness.

7. High On Fire—Death Is This Communion: Though generally regarded as doom, I see this as more of a new take on thrash than anything else, and a terrific one at that.

6. Faith No More—Angel Dust: Flawless from beginning to end. Filled to the brim with their usual musical diversity but somehow more focused and a lot more intense.

5. Psychofagist—Il Secondo Tragico: A little grindcore, a little sax, and a whole lot of fantastic.

4. Electric Wizard—Witchcult Today: Often overlooked, but I think it's their best. The 70s reimagined with a lot more balls.

3. Slayer—Reign In Blood: There isn't much to say about this that hasn't already been said but nevertheless it's a classic that really upped the ante with regards to what metal could be.

2. Ufomammut—Idolum: Outer space doom that is just massive and stunning.

1. Swarrrm—Nise Kyûseishu Domo: This has all the heaviness and craziness I look for in metal and is also somehow almost catchy at times. Every last bit is astonishing.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote