Music Banter - View Single Post - Pro Tools Help Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderStep View Post
Awesome,

Compared to other DAW's, what are Pro Tools main advantages?
For me it seems that i can do whatever I can imagine with FL Studio. To achieve the same result, which DAW needs to user to take less stepS?
I can only speak on the DAW's I have used myself which is Logic, Pro Tools, FL Studio, and Audacity.

From what I have gathered Pro Tools definitely has the largest learning curve, requires the best gear to run it well. It constantly amazes me how much you can accomplish with it, and my teachers who have been using it for decades still say they learn things about it to this day. I would say it is definitely capable of more when it comes to live recording and mixing simply because of how in depth the program and its plugins are. You can edit audio in pretty much every way imaginable.

Logic and FL Studio are really good at all that (while maybe not as in depth) but mainly seem to shine in the use of midi and the composition of music. It really all depends what you need to do. If you dont plan on putting in the time i would say skip Pro Tools or Logic or FL Studio all together and use something like Garage Band/Audacity and get a great sounding finished product. But if you want to really learn about recording and mixing Pro Tools/Cubase/Reason/Logic/FL are all good options.

My personal opinion though is that for live recording and mixing Pro Tools can not be beat. However composition and midi is much more intuitive in Logic.

Also consider price, unless you are a student Pro Tools 11 is a ton of money. With student proof and a few other exceptions it can be gotten for 300.

FL studio and
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote