Music Banter - View Single Post - How long did it take for your current taste in music to evolve?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Sequoioideae
An Butthole

Since I've registered here my taste in music is no where near what it used to be. My favorite band was The Icarus Line because they were balls to the wall rock & roll, break ****, do drugs, that sort of thing. I went through more than a few phases. I got started with VU & Beefheart, dipped into the really challenging stuff first. I then got really into Slint & June of 44, Gastr Del Sol and a few other post-rock math-rock type stuffs, and for some reason a lot of Pavement and Silver Jews... and then Loveless hit me, and shoegaze & dream pop become primarily what I listened to. I went back to really weird challenging industrial stuff like TG, and went through a 60's, 70's folk, garage rock phase with a psychedelic revival phase right after. I had a small doom and screamo phase thrown in there at some point too, but they were very brief. I was really into lo-fi stuff like Lau Nau, Fursaxa, Flying Saucer Attack, Jessica Bailiff, and Light until maybe a year or two ago, and then Electronic music hit me full fucking force. I think I started listening to a lot of Stereolab, then Aphex Twin and u-ziq somehow popped up into there. Right now though I'm still in my electronic phase, who knows when it will end, but I keep finding more, and more and I haven't gotten bored or found something else to grab my attention yet.

Sorry if this is so jumbled, but I've been through so many phases, and I know I'm missing a few in there, and these periods have crossed over each other and it's just hard to remember what goes where. It's almost frustrating trying to remember.

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote