Music Banter - View Single Post - Wpnfire? Who's Wpnfire?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Ramones - RAMONES

What else can be said about this album? Well, I would not call it one of the best albums of all time, (it is, however, highly influential), regardless, there are several things about Ramones that make it one of my favorite albums.

The first is the guitar playing by legend Johnny Ramone. That fast, clean, buzzing sound that Johnny produced combined with heavy distortion is simply brilliant. I love it, and it never gets old hearing him play that way. "Blitzkrieg Bop" is one of my favorite guitar songs just because it is simple chords but Johnny's play style make it sound so heavy and deep.

The second reason I like this album is the lyrics. I am usually not a fan of nonsense or silly lyrics—even if the lyrics have a deeper meaning—but their sung so light-hearted and sing-song-y that I almost do not even care. Take "I Donnt' Wanna Walk Around With You"
Quote:
I Don’t Wanna Walk Around With You
So Why You Wanna Walk Around With Me?
haha. I rest my case.
. . .
The last thing I like is how uptempo the album is. The guitars, the singing, it is all meaningless if the song is not engaging, and the Ramones definitely provide an engaging experience. It is exactly the kind of album that I like.

The highlights of this album for me are "Blitzkrieg Bop," "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue," 53rd & 3rd," "I Donnt' Wanna Walk Around With You," and "Today Your Love, Tomorrow The World."
Overall: 4/5
Overall though, this is one of my favorite albums and there is not a song on it I would consider to be anything less than enjoyable.

Last edited by Wpnfire; 09-11-2014 at 09:58 PM.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote