Music Banter - View Single Post - A Place, But Unlike Other Places
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Default Dreams, are they really just dreams?

Am I alone in my thinking that dreams aren't just simply our wondering mind while we sleep, that dreams are other very real, other realities are parallel worlds that we can only visit or see when we're sleeping? I've had this thought enter my mind since I was pretty little, maybe since six or seven years of age. I've had a recurring dream about the apocalypse where I intervene with Lucifer and God's little battle they wage on Earth, where I plainly say that neither of them have a right to decide when humanity ends, just one big ultimatum to them both and somehow I banish them and then there's peace on Earth. It is probably the must unnerving dream I've ever had over and over, more because I just don't know what it means, if it's real or has happened and I'm just in some other dimension where it has not come to pass yet.

How can dreams simply be, dreams? How can that be all there is to them? They can be so vivid and real, that your mind is literally tricked in to thinking it's reality. It's almost as if there is a fail safe button or some sort of ejection when you realize you're dreaming and begin to have things play out how you imagine them, that your mind boots up and wakes you to prevent you from doing anything more.

Are there things we are capable of doing in dreams that we're not meant to discover? We only use a very small fraction of our brain, that well over half of it is just idle. There has to be something we're not meant to find out we can do. We would only be able to use so little of our brain if there wasn't, we'd just freely use all of it if it was just ordinary.

What do you think?
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote