Music Banter - View Single Post - The Electronic Music Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #613 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Default Please try to help me find electronic music I might like.

If there's a genre I never give any chance whatsoever at the moment, it's electronic music. Hell, I even dislike most synths in other genres. I think I'm just really biased to electronic music, I'm not sure what makes me dislike it so much without good reason. It's like I'm negatively biased towards any musical sound that isn't made by a ''traditional'' instrument. But you know, I used to hate any type of screaming vocals and I like them now, sometimes love. opinions can definitely change. What I find weird about me disliking Electronic music, is that I do like old video game music, which is kind of a contradiction if you ask me. I've also liked a few ''joke'' songs with electronic music in the background, probably because I thought they were funny and I didn't take them seriously.

It's a very broad genre, so there must be some electronic music I like, right?
Maybe someone could slowly ease me into it. Maybe an artist that mixes some form electronic music with the genres I like at the moment? I like Punk, Metal, Rock and Ska. Punk is my favourite.

I'm asking this because when I think of all main genres, I can see myself liking at least some music in those genres in the future whenever I get to them, except for Electronic and veery experimental/avant garde music.
I''d like to be able to enjoy something in all main genres, especially since they all have lots of sub genres.

And if I can't get into it..Maybe I can at least learn to respect it more. I want to try to appriciate it more, listen to it with a different mindset.
So please enlighten me about this genre if you want to help me out xP.

Last edited by Dylstew; 09-19-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote