Music Banter - View Single Post - How long did it take for your current taste in music to evolve?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #65 (permalink)
HellCell
Music Addict

When did you discover your genre of choice?
Generally, my favored genre is metal (of many varieties) and it's been this way since 2010. I discovered my interest simply by listening to a lot of music but my ears followed the route to metal.
Internet radio and YouTube has been a major catalyst as an important note.

When did you discover your favourite band/artist?
Like many here, favorites is a concept that's too black and white. I will say a notable artist, Norther, was discovered first through Pandora as I was listening to my Dimmu Borgir radio station.

When did you last discover a new genre?
None of the genres I've listened to has been profoundly new, but I didn't realize the name of the music I listened to was symphonic metal until 2010. Does that count? Nor did I dive deep into it until that year either.

Would you consider your tastes set in stone?
It's fairly rigid. I still haven't been big into jazz, classical, r & b, pop, rap, country, etc. that's outside of my umbrella.
Set in stone I can't say. I reckon few people are that 2 dimensional.

Overall, how long have you held your current tastes?
2010-Present. I could travel back in time show the exact same music to my old self and I bet he would enjoy it. Before that.. Would be interesting because I listened to the local radio station and MTV as my influence.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote