Music Banter - View Single Post - Alright, How Do We Kickstart the Metal Community On This Site?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It was most active when I was running 'Metal Wars' as I was doing it constantly and daily for months on end. All it needs is somebody like The Batlord who's here everyday with plenty of time on his hands either to take the 'Metal Wars' thread by the scruff of the neck and make it his own or start something community based similar.

The trick is just a dedicated person, that can put out something that anybody can participate in without too much effort.
He tried that with "Metal King of the Hill", and look at the massive lack of response that got. I know how he feels. I felt something like the HMAC would be jumped all over, but unlike we proggers some of the metalheads here don't seem interested in getting involved. And if they won't make the effort then it doesn't matter what initiatives Batty, you or I, or anyone else makes. You can't force people to participate (NO Batty! Put the gun down. Slowly now, it's not worth it...)

Also remember Batty is restricted to computers at his local library, not having access at home, so running something like Metal Wars could be problematical for him. I'd do it, but I learned my lesson with the mixtape: don't take on too much work and do something which will get very low response rates. Also I'm nowhere near as au fait with all the aspects of metal than a hundred other members here, so I would be a terrible choice to do that.

I'd really like to get some interest going in the HMAC though, so...
One. More. Time! (see below)