Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does the mainstream industry only want a select few to be popular?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Why is it so far fetched the industry would not have an agenda?

I don't even know who the group is in the above photo. Boy bands were not hyper sexual 20 years ago and if they were that most certainly not the only thing they were selling.

Everything that we see and everything that is marketed to us sends subliminal messages or overt messages. Any where from a president speech all the way down to a hair commercial advertisement.

The message that I get from the industry is they want us to accept these mediocre hyper sexual pop stars that make bland music.

We are force to accept these as the best of the best when it comes to pop music because the industry only chooses to market those specific pop stars.
But they've always wanted us to accept whatever pop stars they tried to shove down our throats. However different their practices might be over the years they still have the same MO that they've always had: make the dummies buy our ****. Just because they may have had better or more diverse artists doesn't mean they cared that they were better or more diverse. They only cared that Michael Jackson and the Rolling Stones made them money. It's not an "agenda", it's just cynical business practices. Sure they use subliminal messaging to get you to buy stuff, but calling it an "agenda" makes it unnecessarily sinister. Business is business, and expecting it to work otherwise is irrational.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote