Music Banter - View Single Post - 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die- Music Banter Edition
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #225 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

116. Maniac - New Age Grime

Grime is a genre that's been influenced - positively and negatively - by many styles of Hip-Hop, but this is a genuine Grime album. This is an album I would give to someone who thinks 'Grime' is an umbrella term for all British rapping.

It's rare to hear an album that came from this scene that is fully Grime because the MC's are so influenced by the US, and the very few you do hear are poor because studio albums are not really what the genre is about.

So I decided to forget the MC's and picked a studio album by the undisputed best producer to have came from the scene. Maniac. A teenage prodigy of the genre.

Tracks like 'Captain' and 'Gunslap' are beautifully produced, and his back catalogue of productions for the likes of Wiley (Race Against Time), Chipmunk (I Am Chipmunk), P-Money (Money Over Everyone) and Tinchy Stryder (Stryder vs Maniac) prove he is the real deal. He even produced a track for the film 'Adulthood' for Bashy.

This is a brilliantly produced album that doesn't drag on and bore.

Grime is licking it's lips and waiting with anticipation for the day Brandon Jolie is released from prison.

Advert for the CD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNtAjVmTLl4

Last edited by Cuthbert; 09-21-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote