Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 AM   #1039 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
How is that changing the subject? YOU brought up God in this argument, in which I stated God has no subject here as it needs to be seperated from our Government.

I really would like to know why you (and others) think that after these people kill someone that having "to life with their crime" is such a punishment? Honestly there are some ****ed up people in the world that don't CARE. What they did does not effect them, some are still happy for what they did.

Think about the family of the person that has been killed. They will never get to see that person AGAIN. But have to live knowing that the murderer is still alive, still breathing after he took the life of their family member. That's horrid. I know a girl that is just know being charged of a hit and run where she killed someone while under the influence. SHE HAS NO REMORSE ON THE SITUATION AT ALL. And the sad thing is, I bet you she doesn't get more than 5 years. It's ****ed up.
i repeat, i think you take life in prison too lightly, just try to imagine not being free, to live in a 2 by 2 box , for the rest of your life....i don't know about you, but to me, that's worse than being executed, it's my worst nightmare. this all boils down to how highly you regard the human life. i think there is nothing more sacred in this world and that's why i'm against abortion and against the death penalty. there is nothing worse than taking another life. by being for the death penalty, it seems to me that you don't have enough respect for it.
and about the girl, now YOU'RE the one being presumptuous.you have no idea what she feels inside, i'm sure she never meant to kill that person, and i sure as hell don't think she should get executed for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
I don't know what's funnier. You acting like you know everything about everyone again, or your little story about being God's gift to man.
i'm sorry, i never meant for it to come out like i'm gods gift to mankind, i'm nothing special, my point was that the world would be a better place if there were more placid, rational people out there and less agressive people. i was hesitant to make my judgment on cheeseman at the begining of this conversation, but after his nonchalant talk about killing others for such a trivial thing as stealing his car, after he admitted having almost killed a man because of the same thing, and statements how drug dealers should be executed, i can conclude a thing or two about his personality. you're quick to say that i'm a fool to make judgments about anyone i've talked to on-line, and i admit , i can't exactly get the full insight into peoples personalities, but even though this form of comunicating is very impersonal, one can still make an educated guess on the other persons character based on his or her views on matters. for example, i can conclude that you're not completely retarded and that you follow politics, was i presumptuous to think that? i don't think so because i have talked to you on many occasions, not enough to know what makes you tick, but enough to at get an idea....same thing with cheeseman, as i'm sure you would be right in concluding that i'm a calm and fairly intelligent person with a fairly liberal mindset. i see nothing wrong with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman
Guy stole my car,I'd been drinking.
I tracked him down at his place, he did a runner so I chased him with my (other) car. I caught up with and proceeded to chase him along the footpath when he stopped dead in his tracks.I did not stop, hitting him square in back, throwing him into a wall.
I then swung my car around to finish it when I misjudged the turn and crashed into a light pole

I am by no means proud of what I did that day.If I hadn't been drinking it might have ended a lot more civilly
i forgot to comment on this statement, you almost killed a man, and if it weren't for that pole, you would have. would you have been happy with a death sentence? i'm assuming you did some time for that, was prison a nice experience? would you recommend it to others?

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote