Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 08:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Sorry Genesis, Schicke, Fuhrs & Frohling, Van der Graaf Generator, and the handful of other great prog albums this year. It's funny that I commented a few years back about how I'd been on a huge prog streak in the late 00s - but I fell out of it and not that much had held up - and for the past few years there has been quite a bit of prog in my lists. I think that just means the early to mid 70s were all about prog and there wasn't that much else interesting to me. Now we're coming out of it with a bit of punk. There's a lot of classic punk that I didn't get around to listening to until more recently, so those may not end up on my lists in the coming years as I haven't gotten to know them well enough. We'll see. But honestly I'll be glad to get out of the prog weeds, as good as these albums may be.

1. Rush - 2112
2. Led Zeppelin - Presence
3. The Modern Lovers - The Modern Lovers
4. David Bowie - Station to Station
5. Ramones - Ramones
6. Queen - A Day at the Races
7. Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
8. Invisible - El jardin de los presentes
9. Camel - Moonmadness
10. Boston - Boston