Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica
Thread: Metallica
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #526 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post

Nothing is more infuriating than prescribing value to something based on where it's played. In Sweden they have Metal ballet - imagine that, Arch Enemy at the Ballet!

It's nonsense. Who gives a **** where they play it?
I wasn't going to give this a response because I found myself thinking I didn't need to, but also found myself wanting to just because of how hilarious I thought that picture was and how accurate it was in expressing your perplexity or frustration at me supposedly 'prescribing' value to something, that something being music, based on where it was played.

The mall here plays pretty horrible music. So to hear something good was surprising. That was what I meant with my comment about hearing Metallica played in a mall, my mall no less. I still stand by saying that Metallica aren't the band they once were, music just isn't as good. I should have separated the part where I said that, from the part where I said I heard Metallica played in a mall...maybe even worded it another way and your response to what I said wouldn't be warranted.

I don't give value to music or take value away from music based on where it is played. Hopefully that clears up the misunderstanding.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote