Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #39 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Not the strongest of years for me, but there's a dozen albums on my to-do list I still haven't gotten around to. Television's sophomore effort is underrated, and my top pick this year. I really feel pretty strong about the top 4, the rest are just good. A few albums that I had never heard until I made this list back in spring were able to sneak into the top 10, as a result of not having 10 solid previously known contenders. Those would be Dire Straits, Pere Ubu, and Ramones. Ramones?! Yes, Aside from 1992's Mondo Bizarro, I had never really listened to a Ramones album. Pretty lame considering how much I was into some 80s and 90s skate punk. Well, better late than never! I've now listened to their first 4 and this isn't the best of them, but the only year where the competition was light enough for them to break the top 10. As for Pere Ubu, I really need to spend more time with this and check out some of their others. So far this is the only one I've heard.

1. Television - Adventure
2. Rush - Hemispheres
3. Wire - Chairs Missing
4. Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food
5. Magazine - Real Life
6. The Rolling Stones - Some Girls
7. Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen
8. Dire Straits - Dire Straits
9. Pere Ubu - Dub Housing
10. Ramones - Road to Ruin[/I]