Music Banter - View Single Post - Alright, How Do We Kickstart the Metal Community On This Site?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 08:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

MTV and VH1, neither one play what in my opinion qualifies or counts as 'music' anyway. What's played on either of those channels is just what is considered good music by popularity, nothing more...but it's a subjective thing. I just pay no mind to either one.

I'm guilty of only listening to what in my opinion are the good bands, or just good music. I tend to stay within the confines of Rock, Hard Rock, Metal. It's always been a difficult endeavor for me to try getting in to any other kind of music that isn't heavy or extremely melodic. I've given Pop chance after chance, even Pop from the 70's, through the 80's and 90's, some of the 2000's. Pop just doesn't seem to me, to have anything going for it. It all sounds so contrived or shallow, lacking of any depth or point to the lyrics. I'm not saying that is how Pop is, but a lot of Pop has what I've described, wrong with it...Just that it is what I take away from it when I listen to it.

I have to have that depth in the music I listen to. I do not like music that is just pointlessness with extremely stupid lyrics, or music that just sounds like the people behind it didn't care about the music they were making. I want to feel something when I'm listening to music. I like songs or bands that when I listen to them, the lyrics make sense and are intelligently written, they've got a point to them. That goes for everything that makes up a band; have a point that is obvious to what you're trying to do, the message you're wanting to share with everyone that takes up interest in your band. You won't find anything in my library that isn't competent music. I understand that a lot of people don't want to always listen to music that has something to say, and that is anyone's own prerogative to do so...Party music and the like exist for that very reason, to just play and drink to, act a fool and whatnot.

I like the sound of a thread where people dissect their own, or someone else's own musical taste. I think that could be fun.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote