Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does the mainstream industry only want a select few to be popular?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM   #279 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
^ Agree.

um.. what? Bieber and Miley were a promise of the future? a promise of what? they were both molded for mainstream pop music and now they're both rebelling against the image that made them famous.

The funny thing is ppl preferred them when they were manufactured clean cut idols and now that they rebelled against that Miley is "Painful and sad to watch" as you said and Bieber is getting in trouble with the law to shed his clean cut image but even with that most ppl still hate them. they hate them for what they were AND for trying to change that.

Doesn't that prove we actually like manufactured artist?

I think they catered to a certain demographic (mostly kids and early teens). They changed their image during a time they were still considered teen idols so they became "unsafe" for that demographic. It is possible they changed their image to soon and the industry/public did not like it. The funny thing I don't understand about the media is. They will insist an act like Miley is to controversial but then they will say an act like Beyonce is "safe" when she practically does the same thing. I definitely think there is an agenda going on behind the scenes with how they market certain acts.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote