Music Banter - View Single Post - Identity in Music
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Surell
Master, We Perish

"A Quick One While He's Away" The Who

Depends a little on what version you hear but it has several voices singing several characters who in many ways express the singular experience of Pete Townshend so I think that could be interesting to look at.

"A Wolf at the Door" Radiohead

Uses a speak-sing style that contrasts with most Thom Yorke vocals (including in this very song). That style is influenced by ragga freestyling, according to the Hail to the Thief wiki, so yeah.

"The Losing End (When You're On)"/"Roll Another Number"/"Speakin Out" - Neil Young

The first two songs are very country influenced, the last is bluesier; they all have blatant vocal tracks that highlight a voice that sounds shaky but distinct.

"Shaky Dog" - Ghostface Killah

Another song with multiple voices, all by one man, though these are (presumably) actually distinct characters and not manifestations. He also has a distinct NY accent.

"Southern Belle" - Elliott Smith

He sings like he's clenching his teeth here, and his voice quavers. Although the song is about the south I don't find that he employs such an accent here, but I myself am southern so I may not notice.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote