Music Banter - View Single Post - PRAC Discussion Thread: Anubis, "A Tower of Silence"
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 08:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Xurtio
Brain Licker

Well it's been a week since I listened. I will listen again as this discussion continues and try to recall my thoughts. I recognized many of the guitar solos as very Gilmour'esque, mirroring Anteater's association with Pink Floyd.

The vocals were, largely, unappealing to me. You've probably heard this complaint from me before, but I tend to be picky about vocals. I think I don't appreciate much when people sing in their talking voice. Occasionally throughout the album, the singer gets into his singing, and starts to develop character and I liked that, but for the majority of the album, the singing was forgettable.

I didn't pay much attention to lyrics, as I was grading student's homework as I listened, so it was melodic and rhythmic content that I recognized when it stood out. But this is normal for me anyway unless I happen to hear a really good line that's linguistically and conceptually appealing - then I start paying attention.