Music Banter - View Single Post - - Log files for Weekend Astronauts -
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

It's always inconvenient when the world ends.

Ok, so here's something of an intermission. In fact, the previous sentence is so true, we actually called this "intermission". If you don't believe me, click on the link below:

>>>> Weekend Astronauts - Intermission 1003 <<<<

Got water? Batteries? Food? Cool. Ok, let's talk about this. Obviously the whole thing is set up on the nuclear clip. (That's your downloadable clip!) Everything beneath it basically follows the concept. Drums are composed in Session Drummer 3. Any sample-accepting sequencer will do, really. Not much to this song except for the ambiance. I'm not sure if I typed that correctly in context with what I'm talking about.

I do have to state, however, that iZotope Trash is used in this project. If you don't have it, you should find out how to have it. It's literally the top end of any bass or other element that needs a bit of grunge. Basically you just create a copy of the track you want to add some grungy sizzle to, and EQ all the low end out of the copy. Let it just live in the high range. Then throw iZotope Trash on top of it and cycle through the presets until you find something tasty. From there, adjust to taste. Also, don't forget to play with LFO-controlled filters either before or after your distortion, depending on what you want to do.

Loop Download - Spooky Nuclear Talky Things - Edited
Spooky Nuclear Things

I recommend you doing whatever you want with that clip, as it's pretty sexy.