Music Banter - View Single Post - Why does the mainstream industry only want a select few to be popular?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 03:23 AM   #282 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
I just don't take anything seriously, and stick to my own agenda as far as looking for new music. I mean, why get butthurt about artists that seem to be the forefront of modern pop music? I think Niki Minaj is hilarious, and I know the words to "Stupid Hoe" like the back of my hand. I do have my quips with certain artists like Iggy Izalea, but with her it just feels like she's putting on the audio equivalent of black face. Other than that, I have never really had a problem with any of the top pop artists.

As far as using sexuality to to help sell music, so what? You have your Justin Timberlakes and your Niki Minajses (how do plural?), and I hear and see both men and women talking about videos and overt sexual themes, they make a great topic of conversation, they get word out of an artists new single or album. If you don't like it go somewhere else, live under a rock, actually make the change if it bothers you. Sexuality is a part of human nature, and people like to gossip, what more would you need to understand?

Couldn't have said it better myself.