Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #28980 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

I left work foaming at the mouth and thirsty for blood. I was convinced someone had stolen my skateboard towards the end of my shift, particularly convinced that it was one specific customer. I swore it was there until 3:20, just when I finished my last order. That order dined in, left without me realizing. Some 20something rich kid, kinda rude and douchey. Definitely one of those spoiled types. I was ready. I had it mapped out in my head. Put a cigarette out in his eye and punch his neck holding my keys between my knuckles. My knife was at home. I walked up and down neighboring streets looking for this kid, stopping in at bars to see if anyone saw him. Nope.

I picked up a chamomile tea and asked one more time. No cigar. So I chalked up my losses albeit extremely bitterly. Went over it in my head, felt sorry for myself and contemplated why it is that I seem to attract these kinds of people- thieves, manipulators, users. I got pretty worked up over it.

Then I got home and my skateboard was right next to my door... where I always leave it when I'm home. The pavement outside was to wet and slippery from the fog this morning to skate on so I left it home and forgot...

Kind of a wake up call for me. Dunno why I felt like sharing but yeah... I feel bad about how upset I was and where my mind went over something that, while important to me, is really small and not so significant.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote