Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do people blame Nirvana for killing Hair Metal?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I have never heard anybody claim that Nirvana killed hair metal. What I do know is that Nirvana was one of the couple bands that were one of the big dogs when it came to the rise of grunge music, specifically in the Seattle music scene during the 90's, which they definitely deserved. Are the overrated? To me personally, I wouldn't say so. The reason I think they're so highly regarded is the same reason why people see the Big 4 of thrash as being highly regarded. They, along with Alice in Chains and the like were just "those guys" that really knew what grunge was and is about.
It is a pretty well established music cliche which is why I really wanted more info about it since this is a rock oriented forum.

How would you define grunge music? Can you post some examples? When I looked some info on the genre I notice there are apparently sub genres within grunge itself.

I always thought KISS and hair metal was corny not sure why some rock fans are mad that it died off. It is actually good that it did...
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote