Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 PM   #29007 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Interviewed two professors today for an article on a chamber music concert on campus. One was a pretty terrible interviewee (short answers basically) and the other was great. The latter one (who composed one of the pieces performed) and I then talked about John Cage and other artists for about an hour and a half. I showed him my music and he really dug it. He took a liking to me and is going to be showing me some recording techniques and wants to play with me all for free instead of me having to take a course. Pretty awesome.
Congratulations, Frownland! I know exactly the feeling of a professor appreciating your music. Certainly you will have a great time.
That reminds me a lot on my entrance exam where half of the commission declined me and my teacher would tell me in advance that she would want me to be her student.
Within one single month I changed the technique I had used 11 years and my playing improved siginificantly, though, I'm practicing a lot. The efforts will be amply rewarded.
At a meeting in Denmark my recorder professor has already told the resident main professor about me - I'm not even an official student and she plans Erasmus-exchanges!