Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #678 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
^I've had similar situations regarding the age thing. I'm often mistaken as way younger than I actually am. I've even had people tell me I look like i'm still in high school. Baby faces are a curse.
It is though! People think it's great for me because I don't age but it puts me in some ****ed up situations, like the one I described but also I get talked down to by older people ALL THE TIME. I look like a child so they think they are older and wiser and can tell me off for things instead of discussing something with me as an equal. I'm nearly ****ing 30, I AM an adult for fecks sake.

I also get a LOT of attention from older men. If I wanted I could be dating a rich old man right now and be living in luxury but I don't need a man to make money. I'd rather use my brain and get rewarded that way. I notice in jobs, male bosses get surprised that I'm actually intelligent. I get hired for my looks (I have evidence of it) and then they are like wtf when they realise I am educated and think outside the box.