Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #690 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Hurry up and put Kill 'Em All at #1. I got things to do.
I second this notion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
It won't be number 1 but certainly top 3-5 (even though the list has been done properly yet)
Lol I know your musical taste Unknown, and I know your going to tick me off by putting Show No Mercy ahead of Kill Em All, the most ultimate stripped down thrash metal album ever made...ever!...in existence!!!!

No pressure though lol , Its all good, I really appreciate all the hard work you put into your thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I guess most people on this forum, probably start their metal experiences especially with thrash from the 1983 and 1984 period as well. I'll be interested to know if your three favs feature on this year's list. I had a shortlist of nearly 40 albums for the year and had to chuck 20 out !!! The top ten was fairly easy to organize even though the top few places are in dispute, but it was positions 11 to 20 that caused more problems as most of those albums were vying for spots with the 20 or so albums that I eliminated.
I think 1983 is the Segway into metal for many people because the explosion of Quiet Riot's popularity marks the start of its commercial triumph throughout most of the 80's. That and of course the rise of thrash metal.

No doubt you've probably guessed one of my three favs by now, but I'm not worried about them not being on the list, even though our musical tastes often run in divergent directions (Ie, AC/DC, Iron Maiden ect) I think all three will be in your top 5, with one of them possibly being your number 1!

Of the other albums I like, the only one I could see not making the cut would be Krokus, I can't imagine you snubbing Accept? Yep 1983 is a fantastic year for metal, I'm looking forward to it man!!!
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote