Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #2282 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
First of all, sorry I took so long to get back to you, but even with a lot of this stuff pre-written it's hard to get the time as I'm still in the process of writing a lot of the rest of it.

As for the above, no. No I can't. If you want to hear "tightly written and precisely played compositions" listen to "Big Generator" by Yes. Now there's a band at the top of their game, operating almost as one mind, tight as the proverbial duck's and with not a note dropped nor missed. Almost telepathic.

I fully understand that you rate and love this music, but I can't make it be anything to me other than noise, and loud, discordant, disorganised noise at that. Sorry. You'll never win me over to grindcore.
I'm not trying to win you over, just asking you to recognize that it has structure and is being played by people who know their way around their instruments. I don't like Yes at all but I can at least acknowledge those things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I don't think missing out on a 27-minute grindcore composition constitutes only half listening to it, but I just could not face any more.
I thought we already talked about this: Ufomammut aren't grindcore, they're space rock/prog influenced doom. And, yeah, skipping 27 minutes of a 67 minute album is essentially half listening to it.

It's ok though, I still love you.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote