Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't feel like listening to anything.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 12:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
Actually, I've listened to two Sly & The Family Stone albums for the first time(Plus a few songs), and now I'm listening to James Brown for the first time.

I just forced myself to listen to different music I've never listened to before, now the urge to actually listen is slooooowly coming back. Some of the recomendations on this thread are interesting though, I'll take a look at them sometime, but tommorow I'm going on a school trip for four days.
This is only the beginning my friend. Get ready for a musical revelation like you would never believe.

I see you like metal. I should hope you've gone backwards and looked at the roots, but if not, here's a classic. Incidentally, it's exactly what I'm listening to right now. The ending guitar solo is insane.

Also, this one is amazing. The album it comes off of, Master of Reality, is a MUST LISTEN if you like metal.

Finally, Motorhead. These guys fuzed the speed and snottiness of early punk with the power and rif***e of early metal. They essentially helped start the thrash metal genre. This song is probably my favorite by them, and the start-stop-start of the end never fails to get me pumped as hell and ready to punch someone.

And now for something completely different. Herbie Hancock's "Palm Grease." This is the first song off of the first jazz album I ever listened to, and it's still one of my favorite jazz songs, and it's definitely my favorite jazz album of all time. If you liked some of that funk stuff, you'll probably be into this, because it's funky as hell. I understand if you're wary of jazz, it seems like it's too "boring" or maybe you associate it with snobby pricks who feel superior to everyone else. But look at the technicality and solos like a well composed metal song- difficult, complicated, and requiring someone with a great understanding of their instrument to play. And if you hate it, hey, at least you tried.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote