Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #2289 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Looking forward to the Viking metal section! Aptly, my Metal Month review is of Blood Fire Death..!
Yes, I'll be using that, though I also intend to review "Hammerheart", of course.
Quote:
Anyway, I hate to be that guy, but I have some.... constructive criticism: Viking metal's roots don't go back thousands of years, as the Viking Age only ended about 700 years ago, and started about 1300 years ago.
Yeah, you're right. Boy is my face red!
Quote:
Also, neither Amon Amarth nor Burzum are Viking metal. Amon Amarth is Viking-themed melodeath, and Burzum is black metal. He did start writing some Norse-themed lyrics when he started making ambient stuff (at least I think so, they're in Icelandic, which is basically Old Norse), but his early albums are mainly about darkness, nature, darkness, Lord of the Rings and darkness.
But .. but ... Wiki says they are! Are you saying Wiki is wrong? ARE YOU? I know you're not saying that....
Quote:
But hey, you know a post is good when one has to nitpick like this in order to criticize it!
Thanks!
One day in every three hundred and sixty five a year I suffer from the terrible affliction of not being perfect. It's a burden but I've learned to live with it.