Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions to get my music noticed
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
JaceyJasnoch
Groupie

It all takes some investment in yourself, but...

Create high-quality recordings by means of studio time, or investing in your own equipment. Then get high quality visuals to go with them, whether it be album art, single art or a music video. Visuals are just as important these days as the music itself. Either make your own art, or hire someone to create for you. I can recomend some great gfx designers that I've had do work for me, or you can get something done pretty cheap on Fiverr. Then, upload videos to youtube, even if it's just the song and your cover art, upload it. Then share it with your friends, tell them to share it with their friends, etc. If it does well, start the distribution process. Start with online distro to iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay, etc. via Tunecore or CD Baby, then go physical with merch and CDs via Diskmakers or the like. From there it's all about finding what works for you and your core demographic. Some people sell well at shows, some people sell well online exclusively. It will take time, but if you are dedicated to your craft, you'll figure out what works.
JaceyJasnoch is offline   Reply With Quote