Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do people blame Nirvana for killing Hair Metal?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 03:01 AM   #237 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicwhore A-Z View Post
'Soulflower', despite your disdain towards KISS it might interest you to know that they actually have a few "disco tinged" songs in their catalog. Here are the most obvious ones:

'I Was Made For Lovin' You' ( from 1979's 'Dynasty' )

'New York Groove' ( from Ace Frehley's 1978 KISS solo album )

'Burning Up With Fever' ( from Gene Simmons' 1978 KISS solo album. It also features Casablanca label mate Donna Summer ).

'Sure Know Something' ( from 1979's 'Dynasty' ).

Additionally, Peter Criss' 1978 KISS solo album itself is very R&B influenced. You might like it 'Sunflower'.

I think MANY people would be surprised to hear how diverse the early years of KISS actually are. In short order, their 2014 Rock Hall induction was long overdue. "Gimmicks" alone can't sustain a 40 year career no matter how strong that image supposedly is. That said, I'll openly acknowledge that KISS ( specifically Paul and Gene... ) perpetuate that myth THEMSELVES with their obsession over the BRAND that simply wouldn't exist without the BAND providing the awesome soundtrack, so to speak ( ).

Again, great thread 'Sunflower' and great comments to the rest BOTH pro and con ( ). Many interesting points indeed.
Thanks! I will check them out

Also, I wouldn't say KISS had a 40 year career. They were popular during their period but they were not big in the 80's, 90's or currently. I was shocked to see the number of bands they have influenced because there really isn't any artistic merit behind anything they did.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote