Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #2297 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't hear anger in Tom's voice. I hear sadistic glee. This song is meant to shock, nothing more. Slayer aren't Nazis, they're just testosterone junkies out to raise hell, and what better way than to shout out a list of atrocities. I know Jeff Hanneman used to be big into Nazi history, so I imagine it was a subject close to his heart, but I highly doubt he intended for this song to be political. Just a bit of non-PC fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
^This. The lyrics aren't making any kind of statement, they're just to underscore the intense and aggressive music with some intense and shocking imagery. I'd also argue that they're by far the least important aspect of any given Slayer song.
Meh, think what you like. This is how I choose to interpret the lyric, knowing nothing of Slayer anyway and piecing together what I do know of them with the history behind the lyric in this song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
After having read all of that, I feel that it is in fact I who has been violated.
Exactly as I intended...