Music Banter - View Single Post - A Place, But Unlike Other Places
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
It's been ages and I have only just now come to reply to this haha.

That article is from wikipedia, and I tend to not believe a lot of what is there because anyone can edit pretty much anything. Funny thing about science is that just because scientists say something can't happen, and then show exhibit A or B to prove it, doesn't mean that it can't actually happen. I don't think any scientist has ever even considered that at present, C or D can't happen, but given time that can change. Science only holds up as long as things stay as they are. Considering advances it medical science and technology in general. What science says is an impossibility and will never happen, can become something that is very much possible, and actually happen.

That's why I never concede that what I learned in science class as a kid, or even now as an adult when I do random web searches for random scientific information, is indisputable fact.

Now I need to think up an actual new journal entry. I need to figure out how to get more people commenting on my journal.
Wikipedia gets a bad rap, there are people editing it constantly to maintain some credibility. Here's a more scholarly article if you insist: Do You Really Only Use 10 Percent of Your Brain?

I think your stance on science is kind of silly tbh, because it suggests that there is there that scientists just haven't given the time to consider it, which isn't necessarily true. It's kind of like the anti GMO argument that claims 'but we don't know if they cause cancer or not'', which implies that they DO cause cancer, even though there is no evidence to support that and all the research shows that they do not. Scientific fact remains indisputable until something comes along to dispute it, that's how science works. Once that new evidence comes out scientists jump at the opportunity to study it.

The science says that your brain stays in the same place and that what we see in dreams is a hallucinatory product of a chemical released by our rains during the rapid eye movement period of sleep. So that's what I'm going to base my opinion on until we find evidence of us seeing into other dimensions. It's fine to ask these what if questions, but don't knock the science.

Last edited by Frownland; 10-06-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote