Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do people blame Nirvana for killing Hair Metal?
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #248 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Should people blame Kiss for killing Rock and Roll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Thanks! I will check them out

Also, I wouldn't say KISS had a 40 year career. They were popular during their period but they were not big in the 80's, 90's or currently. I was shocked to see the number of bands they have influenced because there really isn't any artistic merit behind anything they did.
I think the line between being a influential band and being a band someone listen to or enjoyed can be blurred. And for every [this band] influenced a ton of bands, there are a bunch of other bands that were just influential too. So one has to be careful overemphasizing their importance.

I never care about Kiss. Generally most people are children when go through their Kiss phase before they grow up. When I was a kid my favorites were Big Joe Turner, Chuck Berry and the Rolling Stones. Yes I listen to artists two three generations before my time and it made a me a music elitist at age 12.

Why waste time listening to Kiss when you can listen to Flip Flop and Fly?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote