Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #2301 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Members' Top Ten Lists

Having got through Janszoon's list (even if he scoffed at my fear of grindcore!) we're on to the selection chosen by our second member who was plucked from the hat. And so we move on to the top ten list submitted by my good friend Plankton the guitar god. Thankfully he chose a lot of albums I have already reviewed, so this makes my job much simpler and allows me to get through his list a lot more quickly. Thanks mate!

He’s chosen (although he says he numbered them randomly, I’m going to take them in the order they were presented) for his number

Inflikted --- Cavalera Conspiracy --- 2008

As you know by now, Plankton already asked me to review this in the “Don’t listen to that --- listen to this!” section, and I have, so there’s nothing more I can add. And so we move on to number

Angel dust --- Faith No More -- 1992

Again, I looked at this in my journal “Classic albums I have never heard”, and I was not as I recall impressed, certainly not to the extent Plankton, and indeed Janszoon and later Mondo, obviously were.

And at number
one of my alltime favourite albums, not just Metal albums…

The Number of the Beast --- Iron Maiden ---1982

What can I say about this album that I have not already? I can’t praise it highly enough, no matter what anyone else says about the structure, running order, weak tracks: I love every bit of it and it was my very first Metal album, kicking off a love affair both with the genre and with Maiden in particular. It had such an effect on me that I featured it as one of the “Albums that changed my life”! Totally stunning and a stone cold classic.

While at number
another of my favourites

Powerslave --- Iron Maiden --- 1984

Second only in my estimation to the above album, this was pretty much Maiden’s finest hour, containing the longest Maiden song ever and sitting smack bang in the middle of what I would consider their golden age. Again, I featured this extensively last year in the section “The Metal that made Me”, so no more to say or I’ll be here all night!

Last edited by Trollheart; 10-08-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote