Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #147 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Questions

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?

Pretty cool first track. Comes across more like a closing track to me at first, so that was a bit weird.

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?

I think it probably got better for sure. Less repetitive in the second half.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?

Last three probably. A little more bite about them.

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

I only listened to the album once.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?

Lost was pretty good. It came at the right time for a slower track. Wish it exploded though.

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?

Not particular least favourite, they kind of blended into one.

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?

Nope.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.

Not particularly varied in my opinion. All reasonably slow and dark at first, with a similar build up.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?

Quite dark and chilling (an attempt to be at least).

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?

Not likely to listen to it again.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?

I know him well as a name, but I haven't listened to much of his music. I did watch him live at a Ben & Jerry's event in Manchester though.

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?

I only really know Cars/The Pleasure Principle, and it's nothing like that.

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?

Needed to be more harsh and brutal. This is a very safe version of this type of music.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?

Not really. I'd recommend other albums to people who wanted this kind of thing.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?

Not likely.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?

Industrial Rock if I had to. But it's not really that.

17. (NOTE: Ignore this question if the album does not have lyrics.) Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?

They weren't particularly engaging for me. But I am not a huge lyrics guy when it comes to this type of music. He's just saying quite bland and generic things like "You don't love me" over and over again.

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10?

4/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote