Music Banter - View Single Post - ebola
Thread: ebola
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Well yeah

might be comforting to not be threatened by it but it's still something to worry about. You know, other people's lives and whatnot. Kind of a big deal.

I was following the stories via NPR when it first broke out for a few weeks and was horrified. Not just by the disease but also the ensuing violence. I'm not sure if that's still going on but it's pretty fvcked up and really makes me wonder what could be done to help educate these people at least to a point where they understand the people trying to help them aren't the enemy. I remember there being mentioned something about a vaccine being underway... is that still in progress? idk.

Something else I was thinking about... Really, after the first 2 weeks coverage seemed to really dissipate. It's strange that when something small scale like, the bird flu (not that it wasn't harmful), hits the US it's all anyone talks about and everyone's in panic mode because it's so completely sensationalized and then when something like this happens, something genuinely terrifying, it kinda just blows over.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote