Music Banter - View Single Post - Gavin Rossdale - Kurt Cobain
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
haha, well those aren't exactly the opinions I was hoping to get, or rather I was wanting people to actually take the time to express their opinion on either singer/and or band without taking the usual route of just lashing out at either or both. It's all so typical, you two.

How exactly can someone make a claim like Bush just wanted to hope on a bandwagon to wrack in cash? It's as if you might have been there when Nigel and Gavin first talked about putting a band together, what their intentions or vision was for a band if they actually put one together, whether once all the original band members got together to hash out what identity as a band they wanted, that they all agreed to more or less be less wild child version of Nirvana. Really, what kind of statement is that to make of Bush?

Bush irrefutably had plenty of influence from Nirvana, but it wasn't just Nirvana that influenced them, or just grunge music at all that influenced Bush, the people that comprised the band at the time they were popular in the states. Bush is brought up in a discussion, and what pops in the minds of those that never got the band or liked them, is that Gavin was a wannabe Cobain and his band were just posers playing music they new was popular. You know, a popular opinion like that, doesn't make that opinion the truth or a fact.

I could say that Nirvana were a band copying something they heard another band playing and so they decided to play that kind of music too. But I'd sound arrogant, not to mention full of myself.

This is a bit of a pisser of a topic for me, because I fully believe that Bush deserves more credit than they get. Posers? No. Part of an era of music like any other band that played the same kind of music? Yes.
tldr

I HAVE ALREADY SPOKEN ON THIS MATTER. IT IS THUS SETTLED. I HAVE DEFEATED THE DEBATE- KURT COBAIN IS OBJECTIVELY SUPERIOR. BOW BEFORE MY BRILLIANCE.
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote