Music Banter - View Single Post - A Place, But Unlike Other Places
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 04:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Default Opinions, opinions, and more opinions...

Opinions...

All too common, opinions get perverted or made to be facts in the minds of those possessing them. When one person believes something so strongly, no amount of persuasion or discussion will change their opinion, most generally about anything and irregardless of any factual evidence being given to prove an opinion wrong or having no truth to it.

Throughout my lifetime, throughout most of our lifetime we experience being caught in a debate with someone that confuses the difference between a fact, and an opinion. It can often be mentally draining to discuss anything with someone so stubborn or fixed in their ways. I have made it a point to try to my best ability to not be like that when expressing any opinion I may have on a topic being discussed. I know firsthand that it's not something that is always easy to do, to express my thoughts on something and not give the impression that only what I say is right, and whatever else someone says on what's being discussed if I don't like it, is wrong.

But then there's those people that just don't care how their opinions look or sound to someone else. Someone can express their opinion, and their opinion is passed off as stupid, seemingly out of spite or arrogance. Agree, or otherwise those kind of people will say how ignorant or stupid you are for not sharing their opinion. So tiring...

To just summarize what I'm trying to say. People need to get over themselves.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote