Music Banter - View Single Post - Wots hot, Wots not?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2005, 09:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Stark Reflection
Groupie

So you acknowledge that Indie is infact considerd a musical genre Expletive Deleted? as you stated that Indie is not a Musical Genre but in your latter post you state: "Hot Hot Heat were an indie band up until they released Elevator."

Is not not contradictory or were you refering to something else by the term Indie?

Genres exist as a conditional sound that certian bands/musicians fall into the habbit of aspiring to like many other things in society perhaps for a sense of belonging, or perhaps through an ambiguity of music in genral there are various reasons genres exist but they are not nessicary as all they do is act as a way to condition music and music is natrualy free.

and adidasss im not fond of Indie myself but a statement such as "the music itself is rarely interesting and most of the time quite boring." is a miscalculation as a global statement as music cannot be judged based on Musical Talent which could arguably be a an objective critics analysis, one can determine whether they consider it to be boring/good/bad ect but one cannot make a global statement based on it atleast not an accurate one as it is a Subjective oppinion and the only Objective way to view it would be based on Musical Talent which does not determine how good a band is...in that same respect it is impossible to make an acurate objective judegment on music...all music is equal as structured and none structured noise, whether you like it or not is Subjective.

But as ive stated in a diffrent thread one could conclude how well a band meets the criteria of a paticular genre but this would be conditioning the music and hence why Genres serve little benefit except a way for us to recognise a certain sound but pro's weiged against the cons...we could do without genres, that way we would all be more musicaly open and music could not be conditioned.

But if that post was B.S as you stated in the difficult to read but still there disclaimer which i didnt read until after i ahd posted this...then i suspect you already knew what i just posted XP