Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #9543 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
Yea me too.

A singer does not have to necessarily be the strongest i.e. Madonna, Janet etc but they at least have to have a pleasant/pretty sounding voice for me to listen to them.

I can't get passed his vocals so I can not listen to his music. The production of his music is okay but once again no different than what I have heard from various singers before his time. I looked him up and he was mostly popular in the 70's.

People always say I talk about race to much but this is kinda why. I often see people always saying certain white acts innovated things that they did not and its very troubling and frustrating. People really think this man innovated Jazz and blues? Really??? I will never understand it.
I like a lot of the more softer vocalist as well. like Smokey Robinson or Marvin Gaye for example. But I like powerful vocalist at the same time that can really project and have body to their voice also.

I kind of see your point this time concerning the race card, more so than any of the other times anyway. But it's no more bias than saying white people can't dance or play funk and soul music.

I personally never let race cloud my perseption of the music itself. It really in my opinion very rarely overshadows the music itself in any constructive way.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote