Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #9550 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
So being an innovative jazz artist means that you invented jazz? Haha okay buddy. Before playing your hand of race cards maybe next time you can do some research on Wikipedia or something because an artist's more out there stuff is rarely their most popular. There's no specific name for Tom Waits' music, it is very much its own thing while still having elements of jazz and blues. Being a part of a genre doesn't make it impossible to innovate within that genre or introduce others into it like Waits did with polka, industrial, etc.

You don't have to like him, but innovation is innovation. I can't stand Eugene Chadbourne, but I will admit that the electric rake is pretty damn innovative.
c'mon boo I did not say that

I said that the songs that I listened to were not innovative so I did not agree with people calling him a innovative artist.

I don't know what specific songs of his are considered innovative or not because I don't know much about him. I believe anybody would have made the same assessment. I listened to a couple of random songs of his before I made it and even looked at some of his performances.

I am not sure why you are so defensive when I said I accept that the song was innovative because I don't know much about him and have to research more. I don't know much about him to really say I dislike him which is why I am asking you questions about him since its clear you obviously know more about him

That particular song sounds different but the songs I listened to on my own were not innovative. I am not sure why you are holding that against me when people here have said not all his music was not innovative.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote