Music Banter - View Single Post - What's your view?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I think actually, to narrow this down to people will be people would answer the question on its own, too. But there's also the issue of a lot of these people that unfairly judge the aptitude of a musician based on whatever band they're associated with, not knowing what a good musician is from horrible one. So they're talking out of their own ass.
Define your parameters for what a 'good musician' actually is.

For me a good musician is someone who plays songs in a way that they show a balance of the ingredients of what's needed to make the song work as well as being open to many different styles of music and a good understanding of popular culture and the zeitgeist of what's around them during that particular time.

I mean if someone thinks that sort of musician that treats music like video game achievements and thinks that playing power metal solos at 3 times the speed makes them a good musician then they're free to think that too, just don't expect anyone older than someone who's gone through puberty to take you seriously.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote